Job Postings and Classifieds
Published May 10, 2018
Woodland UMC located in Pike Road, Alabama, is seeking a full time Director of Programs. This person will be responsible for all adult ministries and programs of the church. The church is willing to hire either a clergy or lay person for this job. This position requires familiarity with the United Methodist Church doctrine, theology, and polity. Applicants should have a working knowledge of the local church as well as organizational and team leadership skills. Experience with social media and technology is desired. For more information and a full job description please contact Rev. Tim Meadows at 334-272-7230 or email@example.com.
Published May 3, 2018
Published April 17, 2018
Frazer Memorial UMC is hiring a Director of Middle School Ministries. This position will oversee Middle School Sunday morning programming, oversee outreach to Middle School students, spend time developing relationships with both Middle and High School guys, and assist with planning and implementing events.
Contact: Elizabeth Drollette, firstname.lastname@example.org
Published March 29, 2018
First United Methodist Church of Opelika, Alabama, is seeking a full time Church Administrator. This vibrant congregation in the heart of historic downtown seeks a leader to coordinate the day-to-day operations of the church. The administrator will supervise the administrative staff, while developing and implementing policies and procedures that allow other ministries of the church to thrive. This person will work closely with the Senior Pastor and the entire staff to see that the church is living its mission, "Making Lifetime Followers of Jesus Christ."
Send a resume with three references to email@example.com. The job description can be found at the church website fumcopelika.org.
Published March 22, 2018
Park Memorial United Methodist Church of Troy, Alabama, is seeking a full time church administrative assistant. We are seeking a mature Christian of high energy who is able to work independently and confidentially to provide administrative and bookkeeping support to the church. Must have experience with all Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook. Experience with QuickBooks or other accounting software desired.
- Create all print materials – weekly worship bulletins, monthly newsletters, flyers, etc.
- Maintain social media and advertising materials – website, Facebook, billboards, newspaper
- Maintain membership database and church calendar
- Answer incoming calls and receive guests
- Responsible for accounts payable and collecting and submitting payroll data, posting deposits and preparing reports
- Provide administrative support for ministry staff and committees
- Position reports to Sr. Pastor
If interested in this position, please send letter of inquiry and resume to:
Rev. Danny Arnold
Park Memorial United Methodist Church
P.O. Box 1291
Troy, AL 36081
Published March 6, 2018
Opelika FUMC seeks a part-time associate director of music ministries/pianist. First United Methodist Church holds a high standard of musical excellence, and we are seeking an equally gifted individual to join our Music Ministries Staff. Applicants should have basic familiarity with the role of music in the Christian tradition, possess excellent musical skills as a pianist and as an accompanist, be versatile in regards to musical style, direct grade-level ensembles, work with volunteers, be able to take direction, and work well with other staff through a spirit of collaboration and creativity.
The Associate Director of Music Ministries (Piano) will provide solo music as well as accompany the congregation and various ensembles in the worship at First United Methodist Church in Opelika. In addition, this position will direct and/or oversee either the Children’s Music Ministry or the Youth Choir. This position is directly supervised by the Director of Music Ministries and is also responsible to the Senior Pastor and the Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
For specific responsibilities and other information related to the position please visit our website: http://www.fumcopelika.org/ministries/music/associate-director-of-music-ministry-pianist/
Please submit resume and references to:
Mary Virginia Norris, Director of Music Ministries at
firstname.lastname@example.org. We will accept applications until the position is filled.
Published February 8, 2018
Prattville First United Methodist Church is currently seeking a Part-Time Director of Contemporary Worship. This position includes primary musical leadership in The Well Worship Service* on Sunday mornings, Harbor Youth Worship on Wednesday nights, rehearsal with both worship teams, recruiting and encouraging musicians, working with the church Worship Planning Team, and overseeing the growth and development of the worship intern. This calling is suited for an individual with a diverse skill set and a passion to engage God’s people in their context in order to lead them into deeper worship.
This position will require a 29 hour work week with a yearly salary of $22,000.00 - $25,000.00, DOE. Interested candidates should email their resume to Pastor Drew Willis at email@example.com. DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING RESUMES IS FEBRUARY 28, 2018.
The Well is a casual contemporary worship service that strives to create an intimate atmosphere where people can connect with God and one another. We seek to embed contemporary music, conversational preaching, and modern language, within the context of ancient worship practices with an emphasis on the sacraments that convey God’s grace to us.
Published February 1, 2018
Boyslton UMC has two upright pianos and 40 United Methodist hymnals to give away. Call Ashley at the district office if you are interested at 334-239-7329.
Published January 16, 2018
Wesley Memorial UMC located at 2506 Marvyn Parkway Opelika, Alabama, has two job openings.
- Part- time Youth Minister
- Part- time Children’s Minister.
Please e-mail WesleyMemorialOpelika@gmail.com for more information.
Published January 2, 2018
The Staff Parish Relations Committee of Whitfield Memorial UMC is presently seeking interviews for the position of Administrative Assistant. The candidate should be familiar with the United Methodist structure; skilled in Windows 10 programming; amicable; and willing to adapt to various tasks. This position is thirty-two hours each week with hourly compensation. Resumes may be forwarded to the church address: 2673 Fisk Road, Montgomery, AL 36111; to the attention of Elaine Klepac, Dave Ford, or Martha Lee.
Millbrook First UMC is seeking a Financial Administrator.
Supervisor: Senior Pastor
Processes offerings and donations
• Retrieves night deposit bag from the bank
• Balances and posts individual contribution accounts
• Ensures that all cash counted by Sunday Counters balance
• Separates all checks by designated categories
• Posts to each contributors giving record
• Reviews emails for contributors who utilize direct deposits
• Posts direct deposits to individual contribution records
• Prepares deposit for the bank
• Prepares deposit for the bank making sure that cash balances
• Ensures that the listing of checks balances
Manages church finances
• Understands cash flow for church financials
• Reviews all outstanding bills or payroll to be paid ensuring that deposits and balance covers these items
• Prepares and prints all checks for mailing
• Ensures that all checks that are not standard monthly bills have an appropriate form filled out before printing checks
• Reviews information on bills to determine category of budget to debit before printing checks
• Prepares and files all bi-weekly and monthly payroll taxes
• Prepares Excel worksheet for bi-weekly taxes
• Posts State and Federal taxes to be paid electronically to appropriate website
• Posts entries for the bi-weekly and monthly taxes
• Prepares annual budget for approval by Church Council
• Provides budgetary worksheets to various church ministries for use in preparing annual budget
• Collects and collates budget information for use by finance committee
• Prints all weekly, monthly, and quarterly and annually reports
• Prints weekly Trial Balance Sheet
• Prints all reports to be used at monthly meetings as requested
• Prints a Trial Balance for Year end
Church Membership & Attendance
• Maintains reports of church membership
• Adds all new members to church membership
• Deletes all deceased members from church membership
• Transfers information of members that move their membership to another church
• Prepares and posts all weekly Sunday School and Worship attendance
• Posts attendance weekly for all Sunday School classes
• Posts attendance weekly for worship services
• Prints Sunday School marking sheet for the coming Sunday
• Attends Church Council Meetings
• Attends Finance Committee Meetings
• Attends weekly staff meetings
Any others duties as assigned and requested
Published November 14, 2017
Wetumpka First UMC is seeking a Director of Youth Ministry. The Director of Youth Ministry is responsible for developing, coordinating and supervising a comprehensive, educational and spiritual growth program for the youth of the church. This includes encouraging and commitment to Christ and the Church and for helping youth develop skills which will enable them to become involved in the ministry of God’s people. Specifically, the Director of Youth Ministry is responsible for and training volunteers to assist in this ministry. Contact Matt Albrittion at firstname.lastname@example.org or 334-399-7091 for more information.
The Director of Youth Ministry reports directly to the Senior Minister and is responsible to the Staff Parrish Relations Committee. Additionally, the Director of Youth Ministry is expected to work and coordinate with the Work Area on Education, the Youth Council and the Administrative Board.
- The Director of Youth Ministry is expected to have prior experience working with youth and in coordinating youth’s programs. The Director of Youth Ministry should have training and a background in the field of youth education.
- The Director of Youth Ministry must have a heart for youth and enthusiastically pursue the hearts of the youth and enjoy spending time with them.
- The Director of Youth Ministry must have a strong leadership capability and ability to command respect from a group of youth.
- The Director of Youth Ministry must possess good communication skills not only with the youth but with parents and the entire congregation of FUMC Wetumpka.
- The Director of Youth Ministry must have an acceptable knowledge of the curriculum which will be used in the Youth Ministry. This requirement includes the ability to teach biblically based lessons.
- The Director of Youth Ministry must have a strong skills in the area of organization and administrative planning.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Must meet and follow all provisions set forth in the Personnel Policies and Procedures Manuel adopted in August 2008, which may be amended. This manual describes the responsibilities and requirements for all employees of FUMC Wetumpka. The Director of Youth Ministry, prior to being hired, must submit to and pass and appropriate background check.
- You are expected to fully understand and implement the FUMC Wetumpka Safe Sanctuaries Policies adopted in November 2008, which may be amended.
- The Director of Youth Ministry is expected to actively recruit members for the Youth Ministry. In addition to seeking potential new members, you are expected to maintain close contact with current members of the Youth Ministry through home visits, telephone calls electronic communications, etc., and to have an acceptable follow-up program in the case of the persistent absence of any member of the Youth Ministry.
- You are expected to have a flexible schedule to accommodate any changes which might be necessary to meet the needs of the youth of FUMC Wetumpka.
- The Director of Youth Ministry is expected to schedule, plan, coordinate and supervise new and ongoing programs for the youth of FUMC Wetumpka. This includes activities on Wednesday night, Sunday night and on at least some week days during the summer months. Additionally, you shall have input into the curriculum for Youth Sunday School Classes, along with teachers of those classes.
- The Director of Youth Ministry is responsible for working with the Chairperson of the Work Area on Education and the Sunday School Superintendent in securing teachers and substitute teachers for all of the church’s Sunday School classes.
- You are responsible for coordinating, planning and supervising off campus events, trips and retreats so as to enrich the church and increase their enjoyment in being members of the Youth Ministry. This responsibility includes securing and training volunteers, as may be necessary to assist in said events.
- The Director of Youth Ministry must establish a visible presence in the community. This will involve attending various local schools to eat lunch with and visit with members of the Youth Ministry. It also will involve periodically attending various non-church activities of all members of the Youth Ministry, including but not limited to, ball games dance recitals, piano recitals, performances, etc.
- The Director of Youth Ministry must understand that the above list is not all-inclusive and that additional duties may be imposed by the Senior Minister or the Staff Parrish Relations Committee where necessary to increase the enrichment of the youth of FUMC Wetumpka.
- The Director of Youth Ministry is expected to participate in a reasonable number of seminars and workshop to remain current in information related to directing a Youth Ministry.
- You are expected to remain in contact with others similarly employed at other United Methodist Churches in the vicinity and churches of other Christian denominations for the possibility of coordinating programs on occasion. The Director of Youth Ministry is also expected to observe the operations of other Youth Ministries in the vicinity so as to always be aware of possibilities for the improvement of our program.
- The initial salary for this position shall be in the range of $35,000 to $50,000 annually. Initial salary shall be based upon ability and experience. The salary of the Director of Youth Ministry will be reviewed by the Staff Parrish Relations Committee on an annual basis.
- FUMC of Wetumpka does not provide a housing allowance, medical insurance or retirement benefits for the Director of Youth Ministry. Vacation is allowed as set forth in the Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual.
- The Director of Youth Ministry is a full time employee and is expected to maintain regular office hours based upon a schedule to be determined by the Senior Minister and approved by the Staff Parrish Relations Committee. It is anticipated that the average work week for this position will involve approximately 32 hours, however, the actual number of hours involved in any particular work week may vary significantly depending upon the season of the year and any special activities which may be scheduled.
- The Director of Youth Ministry shall be provided with an Annual Expense Account in a minimum amount of $1,000. The actual amount of this Annual Expense Account may be increased from year-to-year as deemed necessary by the Church to adjust for inflation and other relevant circumstances. This purpose of the Annual Expense Account is for the use of the Director of Youth Ministry to meet the expense associated with the purchase of supplies to be used in the Youth Ministry.
Date of Adoption This job description was adopted by the Staff Parish Relations Committee of FUMC Wetumpka in 2014.
Published October 31, 2017
Mulder Memorial UMC is looking for a student minister who can implement our mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ through helping students (ages 6th-12th grade) connect with God, grow in Christ, and serve others. Mulder is a vibrant congregation in the Redland community of Elmore County with an average worship attendance of 450 in two contemporary services and one casual traditional service. Mulder also has a mission campus in a trailer park in nearby Wetumpka. Approximately 80 students are involved in student ministry. Mulder is looking for a visionary ministry leader who can equip students to serve on mission with Christ in this community and beyond. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Published October 26, 2017
Beulah United Methodist Church is looking for a part-time pianist.
Beulah UMC is a growing church in Valley, Alabama (30 minutes from Auburn; 35 minutes from Columbus). With an average congregation size of about 60 on a Sunday, we have a wide variety of ages in attendance at our weekly traditional worship service. We are looking for a pianist to accompany the choir and congregational hymn singing during worship, in addition to providing music for other parts of the service. The pianist will also play for special services, such as those during Holy Week. Choir rehearsals are at 6:30 p. m. ET on Wednesdays, and Worship is at 11:00 a. m. ET on Sundays. Salary is $6,000-$6,500/year, based on experience.
Please submit a cover letter; resume, including piano and accompaniment experience; and three references, at least one of which is professional, to Rev. Katrina Paxson at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will begin reviewing applications on October 29.
Published October 20, 2017
ISO: Tuskegee First UMC is looking for a set of used paraments. If you have a set that you would like to donate please call or email Elizabeth Whatley at email@example.com or call 334-524-0080.
Published October 3, 2017
Beulah UMC is seeking an Administrative Assistant. Beulah UMC is a growing church in Valley, Alabama (30 minutes from Auburn; 35 minutes from Columbus). With an average congregation size of about 60 on a Sunday, we have a wide variety of ages in attendance at our weekly traditional worship service. The primary role of this person will be to keep the financial books of the church. This role will include depositing funds into the bank, keeping records, preparing reports, and acknowledging contributions. This person will also provide office support, including creating bulletins, answering phones, preparing the church for Sunday worship, and coordinating with outside groups.
This person should have experience in finance/accounting, and be proficient at using the Microsoft Office Suite. Strict confidentiality is required.
The position will be approximately 16 hours/week with a salary of $7,500-$9,000/year, depending on experience.
Please submit a cover letter; resume, including experience in similar positions; and three references, at least one of which is professional, to Rev. Katrina Paxson at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will begin reviewing applications on October 14.
Published September 28, 2017
Dalraida United Methodist Church is seeking a qualified candidate for the part-time position of Director of Children’s Ministry. Interested applicants will possess a strong Christian background and have experience nurturing children in a learning environment.
They will also be capable of creating/following a curriculum, developing a team of volunteers, and demonstrate passion in service. The Director of Children’s Ministry will work closely with the pastor, Leadership Board, other staff members, as well as parents, to ensure that the Mission and Vision of the Church is upheld.
Interested persons should submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Please call our church office at (334) 272-2190 for more information.
Published August 28, 2017
ISO: Pine Apple UMC is looking for twenty-five copies of the hymnal Soul Stirring Hymns and Songs published in 1972 by Sword of the Lord.They have been unable to locate that particular publication year. If you can help, please contact Joyce Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published August 1, 2017
Dalraida United Methodist Church is seeking a qualified candidate for the part-time position of Director of
Children’s Ministry. Interested applicants will possess a strong Christian background and have experience nurturing children in a learning environment. They will also be
capable of creating/following a curriculum, developing a team of volunteers, and demonstrating passion in service. The Director of Children’s Ministry will work closely with the pastor, the Leadership Board, other staff members, and parents, to ensure that the mission and vision of the Church is upheld.
Interested persons should submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com no later than August 18, 2107. For any questions, please call the church office at (334) 272-2190.
Published July 24, 2017
Conference Room Table Available. The conference trustees are replacing the conference room furniture. They are making the table available to congregations at a very reasonable price of $500.00 if it is picked up at the conference office. The table is 14 feet by 4 feet. You can see that the top has been well “loved.” I think that some of that loving can be buffed out, but the table is being sold as is.It will be available on or after August 1st.
Published July 11, 2017
Director of Hospitality and Kitchen Coordinator
Opelika First UMC
Job Purpose: To extend Christian hospitality to the congregation of First United Methodist Church and the greater community having contact with the church.
Job Description: To plan, coordinate and oversee all aspects of food services and kitchen facilities for the church, and to serve as the liaison with outside caterers, cooks, volunteers and church staff. (Optional): To prepare/cook meals (not required, but negotiable). (Optional): To plan and facilitate (possibly cook) meals, receptions or parties as negotiated and hired by groups or members of the church.
Job Details: Part time,15-20 hours per week (more if meal preparation is included). Monday through Friday (varying hours depending upon events) with some weekend work. The Hospitality and Kitchen Coordinator reports primarily to the Church Administrator, but also to the Pastoral Staff and the Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
Job Pay: Negotiable, based upon experience and ultimate agreed-upon job duties
Job Duties: At a minimum, the following are considered essential to the job:
- Planning, coordinating and facilitating Wednesday Night Suppers (30-40 per year in the fall, winter and spring), to include procuring supplies and any necessary groceries, securing necessary additional help, procuring/preparing drinks, coordinating volunteers and clean up
- Planning, coordinating and facilitating other specific functions, to include the Confirmation Sunday Luncheon (usually in May), Advent Festival, Vacation Bible School (4 half days in June), Sonshine Pre-School Thanksgiving Reception, Opelika High Football Breakfasts (2-Fall & Spring), and up to 3 or 4 additional church wide events as may occur annually
- Interfacing with church staff to maintain a schedule of all activities requiring food services and/or use of the kitchen,to facilitate all food-related ministries and for financial oversight
- Implementing a working knowledge of any applicable Health or Labor regulations, as well as a working knowledge of the use, care and maintenance of commercial kitchen equipment
- Properly planning and controlling the costs of meals, as well as maintaining inventories of kitchen and cleaning supplies, condiments, food items and consumable items (cups, plates, utensils, etc.)
- Keeping the kitchen clean and sanitized, coordinating with the Facilities Superintendent for set-up needs, and with the cleaning staff for event coordination
Resumes can be sent directly to the church at the following address:First United Methodist Church Opelika, ATTN: SPRC Chairman, 702 Avenue A, Opelika, Alabama 36801.
Published July 7, 2017
Good News United Methodist Church in Santa Rosa Beach, FL is looking to hire a full time children’s director to join our ministry team. Good News is located in the rapidly growing area of Walton County just a short distance from the incredible beaches of highway 30A. There is currently a new elementary school built to accommodate growth to the area and the potential for growth within the church is great. Good News just turned 20 years old, has a new pastor, is finishing up a new building to house our preschool and is excited about this next season of ministry. This position oversees all programming and ministry for children ages birth – 5th grade, including Sunday mornings, midweek activities, and Summer programming. All applicants should have a growing relationship with Jesus and relevant ministry experience. To apply send a resume and cover letter to Rev. Bradley Goode,firstname.lastname@example.org by July 14.
Published June 21, 2017
Eclectic United Methodist Church seeks a full-time Director of Student Ministries. Located in Alabama’s River Region, in close proximity to the cities of Montgomery, Wetumpka and Auburn, this United Methodist congregation is grounded in historic Christian orthodoxy as expressed by the Wesleyan tradition. The principle focus for the Director of Student Ministries will be students in grades 7 through 12 and their families. Ministry priorities include Scripture-centered teaching, an intentional approach for modeling vital prayer, and incorporating students into meaningful koinonia (fellowship) with the larger congregation. Additionally, the director will research, an establish an effective ministry with/for recent high school graduates who remain in the area to work or attend school.
Candidates for the position are expected to demonstrate evidence of the following competencies:
- Interpreting God’s gift of salvation through Jesus Christ and a conscious approach for inviting students to the life of Christian discipleship.
- Recruiting adult, volunteer leadership and providing a structure for age-appropriate discipleship training.
- Engaging students in mission activities.
- Creating and/or encouraging worship experiences where students find a transformational encounter Jesus Christ.
Résumés and references may be sent to:Mr. Mike Ogburn, Search Committee Chairman, at email@example.com
Published May 30, 2017
Children/Youth Ministry Shepherd (2 positions available) at Millbrook First United Methodist Church. SALARY– $15,000/year (Part-time) Overview: The ministry shepherds will collaborate with the Director of Children and Youth Ministries to direct and support the spiritual formation and Christian education of students( from birth through college) and to administer related programs. Each shepherd will specialize with either children or youth and cross train with the other age groups. Responsibilities: Ensure fulfillment of church mission; build relationships and communicate with students and their families; plan and manage children’s church, Sunday School, and Wednesday night activities; collaborate with director on major outreach opportunities; recruit, develop, and equip volunteers to help with programs; and maintain attendance roles.
Required Education and Experience:Must be 23 or older to apply; Clear sense of calling to ministry; Experience working with all age groups. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1st.Please indicate on your resume if you prefer to specialize with children (birth-6th grade) or youth (7th grade-college).
Published May 10, 2017
The First United Methodist Church in Prattville, Alabama, is currently seeking a Part-Time Director of Contemporary Worship. This position includes primary musical leadership in the Contemporary Worship Service, rehearsal with the church Praise Team, recruiting and encouraging musicians, working with the church Worship Planning Team and overseeing the growth and development of the worship intern. This position will require a 29 hour work week with a salary of $22,000.00 - $25,000.00, DOE. Interested candidates should email their resume to Freda Clark at Freda@prattvillemethodist.org. DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING RESUMES IS MAY 31, 2017.
Published May 2, 2017
Published April 13, 2017
Beulah United Methodist Church is looking for a part-time pianist.Beulah UMC is a growing church in Valley, Alabama. With an average congregation size of about 60 on a Sunday, we have a wide variety of ages in attendance at our weekly traditional worship service. We are looking for a pianist to accompany the choir and congregational hymn singing during worship, in addition to providing music for other parts of the service. The pianist will also play for special services, such as those during Holy Week. Choir rehearsals are at 6:30 p. m. ET on Wednesdays, and worship is at 11:00 a.m. ET on Sundays. Salary is $6,000-$6,500/year, based on experience. Please submit a cover letter; resume, including piano and accompaniment experience; and three references, at least one of which is professional, to Rev. Katrina Paxson at email@example.com.
Published April 11, 2017
Dalraida United Methodist Church is currently in the process of filling the position of Nursery Supervisor. Applicant will be responsible for helping to provide a safe, loving and nurturing Christian environment for children newborn to age five while parents or caregivers attend Sunday school and worship. Applicant will be responsible for working Sunday mornings from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. There will also be other times throughout the year when a nursery will be needed for special events and applicant will be needed to work those days also. Please contact Mike Whitaker at firstname.lastname@example.org if you or someone you know is interested in this part-time job.
Published March 23, 2017
Cain’s Chapel United Methodist Church in Slapout, Alabama, is seeking a full time leader for our Youth Ministry. Skills required include spiritual maturity, an attitude of compassion and care, planning skills, and the ability to communicate God’s love in word and deed. Broad creativity for engaging both youth and volunteers is also an essential trait. Forty hours per week, including Wednesday afternoon and Sunday afternoon activities along with Sunday mornings. For additional information, please contact Troy Cutchens at email@example.com or Margie Garrity at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published March 15, 2017
Phenix City FUMC is offering for sale a 1999 Ford Eldorado Aerotech 240 bus; 21 passenger, Triton V-10. New tires, immaculate interior; 17664 miles. Always stored inside. Passenger cabin A/C needs work, driver A/C perfect. $15,000.00 OBO. Contact Ralph Wooten, pastor, at 334-695-1313. Pictures available upon request.
Communities of Transformation has some toner cartridges available to a church who can use them. There are seven brand new, unopened laser toner cartridges #12A (Q2612A) that fit the following HP Laserjet printers: 1010, 1012, 1015, 1018, 1020, 1022, 3015, 3020, 3030, 3050, 3052 & 3055. Contact Janet Wooten, Administrative Assistant,
Communities of Transformation at 334-540-2673 or email@example.com.
Published March 3, 2017
Whitfield Memorial UMC has a van to give to a church in need. It is a 1996 Ford - VA Body, White Econoline Cargo low top van with good tires (aprox. 2 yrs old). Van runs good; A/C works. Call 334-281-2467 for more information. (CLAIMED)
Published March 1, 2017
The Conference office has a free Ricoh business printer plus two toner cartridges available to a church in either Montgomery district. It will be first come first serve. Contact Erika Glawson at 334-356-8014 or Erika@awfumc.org. (CLAIMED)
Free stewardship materials available from Prattville FUMC: Treasures of the Transformed Life by John Ed Mathison (20 books and 3 leaders guides with DVDs) and
Shiny Gods by Mike Slaughter (4 books, 6 leader guides, 7 DVDs, and 1 First overall leadership packet). Contact Leslie Davis-Lewis at 365-5977 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Free: Martin Yale Auto Folder
Model # CV-6
It’s old, but it still works. Contact Joy Swenning at Trinity UMC (365-7339) if you are interested. (Published December 6, 2016.)
Puppet ministry supplies
For sale, thirty-eight puppets used in a puppet ministry at Summerville United Methodist Church, Phenix City, Alabama. The puppets are in fair condition and consist of a variety of puppets including full body, hand puppets, and animal puppets. Also Included are various accessories to include musical instruments. Pictures are available. $300 for the entire set including accessories.
Director of Children's Ministries (Full Time)
The First United Methodist Church of Prattville is currently accepting resumes for the position of Director of Children's Ministries. This position has a vast array of responsibilities related to working with children and adults in an energetic and active church. Visit our website at www.prattvillemethodist.org/employment for a full description.
Interested persons should send their resume by November 30, 2016 to:
First United Methodist Church of Prattville
Attn: Rev. Bobby Ellisor
100 E. 4th Street
Prattville, AL 36067 (Published November 8, 2016)
Free Choir Music Offered
Multiple copies of several hundred choir anthems, plus archive quality Gamble file boxes, are available at no charge, for the taking. The music ranges from anthems for small choirs (2-parts, SAB) to anthems (by Mendelssohn, Rutter, Shaw-Parker, etc.) for larger SATB choirs. Numbers of copies of each anthem range from about 20 to 30.The music will be available for perusal and pick-up at Spring Hill Presbyterian Church, 10 Westminster Way, Mobile, during office hours (8 am – 3 pm) on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (Nov. 8-10) or by appointment.This music is from Hillcrest Baptist Church (now disbanded.) For more information, contact Dr. Randall Sheets (SHPC Director of Music) at 251-342-1550 (extension 15) or email@example.com. (Published November 8, 2016)
Blue Lake seeks a Program Director. Click HERE for more information. (Published November 2, 2016.)
Director of Children's Ministries
Historic Cain's Chapel United Methodist Church in Slapout, Alabama, is seeking a servant leader passionate about discipleship to lead our children’s ministry. Skills required include spiritual maturity, interpersonal skills, an attitude of compassion and care, exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to communicate God’s love in word and deed. Broad creativity for engaging both children and volunteers is also an essential trait. Forty hours per week, including Wednesday afternoon activities during the school year and Sunday mornings. For additional information, please contact our Staff Parrish Chairperson for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org. CCUMC Staff Parrish Relations Committee is accepting resumes for this position and intends to conduct interviews during Jan/April for a May/August start. (Published November 2, 2016.)
Miscellaneous Church Items Available
On Saturday, November 19, 2016, from 9:00 a. m. until 11:00 a.m., Boylston UMC will give away items to anyone who wished to utilize them. Included are: hymnals, Bibles, a piano, an organ, speakers, furniture, and more. For more information, contact David McVay at email@example.com. (Published November 2, 2016.)
Parsonage Furniture Available
The Annual Conference Board of Trustees has the following excess parsonage furniture available to local churches to use in their parsonage:
3 side tables
1 mirrored Vanity
printed fabric sofa
These pieces are available on a first come first serve basis and must be picked up by (30 days from date of announcement)
Call Terri Pickering at 888-873-3127 (Published October 25, 2016).
Pine Grove UMC Needs Hymnals
Pine Grove United Methodist Church is in need of 25 red backed United Methodist Hymnals. If you have any you can part with please contact Jennifer Gregory at firstname.lastname@example.org or (251) 404-6893. (Published October 25, 2016)
The Methodist Archives Center has preserved the Journals of the Alabama-West Florida Conference and its predecessors from 1832-present. They are available to all for research. We have also kept duplicate copies to share. However, we are running out of space and are having to give away or destroy these duplicates. If you would like to have any of these journals, we have the following years to give away:1907, 1912-14, 1916, 1923, 1925, 1927, 1930-39, 1940-49, 1950-59, 1960-69, 1970-79, 1980-89, 1990-99, 2000-05, 2007, 2009, and 2011. You will need to pick them up or pay for the cost of shipping them to you. We need to hear from you by November 15, 2016, when we will remove them. For further information contact Mary Ann Pickard at the Methodist Archives Center at 334-833-4418 or email@example.com. (Published October 17, 2016)
ISO Used Mini-Bus
The Harbor ministry in downtown Dothan is seeking a used mini-bus. It needs seating for approximately 15 passengers, and it must not require a CDL for the driver. Please contact Mike McCann at mike.mccann@StateBank1898.com. (Published October 17, 2016)
Published on September 22, 2016
Musician/Song Leader Needed
Hope Hull UMC seeks talented musician/song leader(s) to lead music at our 8:30 a.m. Worship Service. This is a casual/contemporary style worship service at a moderate size growing and vibrant church minutes from Montgomery. Pay is commensurate with experience and time expectations. If called to serve, please call Pastor Chris Cook at 334-288-3956.
Donated Vehicle Needed
The Mobile Area Interfaith Conference, the organization that provides the jail ministry at Mobile County Metro Jail, needs a donated vehicle to assist with inmate reentry services. This vehicle would be assigned to The Neighbor Center, a community-based extension of the jail ministry for providing services that help released inmates transition back to family, employment and a chance for a new life. A vehicle donated in support of this initiative is tax deductible at market value under IRS regulations since it will be used for charitable purposes. A vehicle that can be reasonably restored for safe use will be accepted and greatly appreciated. Contact Dan Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org or (251)327-5642.
Published August 16, 2016
Group Studies Materials Available at Reduced Rate
Community Life United Methodist Church (Gulf Breeze, FL) has an abundance of several group studies that they would like to sell at a very reduced rate. Any church interested, please call the church office at (850) 916-1660. Community Life Church is located at 4115 Soundside Drive, Gulf Breeze, FL. Here are the items:
• "The Way: Walking in the Footsteps of Jesus" by Adam Hamilton - 22 DVDs
• "The Cross: An Anthology" series by Thomas Nelson - 9 hardback books (a collection of the best classic and contemporary literature)
• "God Is Closer Than You Think" by John Ortberg - 4 DVDs, 56 participant guides
• "Better Together: What on Earth Are We Here For?" by Rick Warren - 150 workbooks
• "The Life You've Always Wanted" by John Ortberg - 23 DVDs, 160 participant guides
• "God's Story Your Story" by Max Lucado - 20 participant guides
• "Experiencing the Passion of Jesus" by Lee Strobel/Garry Poole - 26 discussion guides
• "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff" by Richard Carlson - 15 paperbacks, 12 workbooks
Published July 28, 2016
Annie Jones UMC has an Allen organ they would like to donate to anyone that could use it. If interested please call Ms. Wannetta McGinty at 850-327-4417 or 251-294-3606.
Discipleship Ministries Resources Available
The conference office has resources available on a variety of topics including Lay Servant Ministries, Family and Young Adult Ministries, Responsible Social Media, and more. You may download a free PDF of each pamphlet at www.UMCdiscipleship.org/FreeResources or contact Traci in the conference office to pick up a hard copy.
Published July 21, 2016
Assorted Theological Books Available
Mrs. Susie Kicklighter would like to make available to any United Methodist clergy or staff member the late Rev. Hamp Kicklighter's theological library. Titles include various commentaries, dictionaries, and much more. Please contact her at 334-313-3131 or email@example.com to make an appointment to peruse the library.
Published July 5, 2016
White Board Available (CLAIMED)
The Conference center has a free white board for any UM church that wishes to have it. It is available until July 30. For more information, please contact Traci Herndon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published June 9, 2016
Pew Cushions Available
The burgundy pew cushions from the former St. Francis Street United Methodist Church are available. They are in good shape and free to a church that can use them. If you are interested please call Randy Spears at 343-1900 for more details.
Published May 31, 2016
Free The Purpose Driven Life Study Books
Dauphin Way United Methodist Church has approximately 35 new copies of the book The Purpose-Driven Life, by Rick Warren. These books are available for any church group that may be interested in having them. Please email Lee Hoagland at email@example.com
Two brass Communion Table Crosses (2 ft.)
One wooden offering plate
Approximately 45-50 Methodist Hymnals (different editions)
Warrington UMC is redoing a VBS that first came out in 2005 called "Lift Off." We are in need of any materials from this VBS but especially the director's manual. If you have materials, please contact the church (850-455-0306 firstname.lastname@example.org), Pastor Bob Bailey (850-380-3198 cell/txt or email@example.com) or Mrs. Nikki Lile (850-723-8026 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Christ United Methodist Church has several copies of the DVD The Gospel of John by Dr. Ben Witherington that they would love to share with other churches. Contact Marcia Jacobs if you are interested at email@example.com.